When: Overnight April 28 (Sat) to April 29 (Sun)
Deadline: Feb 28
Where: the former Fore River Shipyard in Quincy, Massachusetts
Cost: $45 per person
Join the Pack in an exciting night aboard the world's only preserved Heavy Cruiser, the USS Salem
The USS Salem Overnight Sleepover includes:
• Personalized Group Orientation
• Admission to all on-board museums
• Special Overnight Adventurers Ships tour
• Participation in USS Salem Activities & Training
• Berthing in crew’s quarters
• Full dinner, breakfast and snacks
• Boston Harbor Cruise on Sunday morning
The Overnight Adventure offers participants activities that include simulated combat situations such as radar tracking, damage control and simulated fire fighting. Other activities include scavenger hunts, cold water survival and hoisting as well as first aid. Even though the USS Salem is a museum it's the hands-on aspect of the program that makes itunique. Adventurers get access to areas of the ship off-limits to regular guests. They even sleep in the same bunks used by naval personnel and eat in the same mess decks!
Please sign-up with your den leader, at the February Pack Meeting or with Mr. Dietel.